Quotes About Communication


I love Rosemary Crossley's quote, "Not being able to speak is not the same as having nothing to say," so much so that I made it a permanent part of my blog page.

I did a search on the web to see if I could find other quotes related to communication. There are plenty out there but I chose only a few to share here. 


As I read the quotes, I was able to relate the message in each to Carter's situation. Here's the beginning of my collection of communication quotes:



"If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help."  
--- John F. Kennedy

"To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others." --- Anthony Robbins


"I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they're interested in." --- Bill Gates


“The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.” --- Peter Drucker

"The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them." --- Ralph Nichols


“The biggest mistake is believing there is one right way to listen, to talk, to have a conversation -- or a relationship.”--- Deborah Tannin


“Communication really is the essence of being a human being,”  --- Katya Hill 


"The basic building block of good communications is the feeling that every human being is unique and of value." --- unknown


And finally, my favourite...



“You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.”  
--- C. JoyBell C





What does communication mean to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment