Sweating? Me Too, But Not About Falling Behind

I'm mellllllting...melllllting!




This heat wave is unbelievable, isn't it? My brain is so fried I've lost the ability to blog. Well, not exactly.


Four months after setting my lofty goal to write a blog post every two days, everything but the temperature has dropped off here at More Than Words (if you're just tuning in and don't know what I'm talking about, you can read about my ambitiousness here).


I can't really blame the heat wave. The blazing temperatures have been around for the past few days, but my inconsistent blogging has been going on for about a month now. What can I say? Summer is here and heat wave or no heat wave, my schedule is all over the place. It changes weekly depending (mostly) on what my kids are up to.


My child free days are on hold. The house is filled with the pitter patter of little feet again. She-ya right! The house is filled with the stomping of growing feet again; feet that want to run and jump and bike and swim; feet that are always on the go. 
As a result, my writing has been put on the back burner. 

I'm trying not to sweat it - being off schedule, that is. I wish I could say the same about the stomping feet and the unfathomably hungry, infinitely thirsty, provokingly squabbling mouths affiliated with those stomping feet. Those? Well, those are the very reason I wear antiperspirant (and have my fridge stocked with wine).


When the day camps and play dates, family visits, and holidays are done; when the need for ceiling fans and air conditioners, freezies and popsicles is gone; when the pool water cools, and the campfire and barbecue flames burn out,  (and when those growing feet stomp back to school) my writing schedule will fall back into place again.




Until then, I'll leave you with a recap of the 25 blog posts I've written so far for my Not Being Able to Speak series. Click the links to check out the ones you missed or to revisit the ones you want to read again:


1. Actions Speak Louder Than Words


2. Talking With Your Mouth Full *


3. Your Secret is Safe With Me


4. Memorable Mispronunciations


5. A New Way to Cheer


6. A Silent S.O.S. *


7. 'What You See is Not All You Get'


8. Night Walkin' not Sleep Talkin'


9. The Following Blog Post May Contain a Boy with No Foul Language


10. To Teach Without Speech


11. Working On Your Core Takes on a Whole New Meaning


12. Communication Breakdowns


13. Overlooking Oblivious Orators


14. Keen on Communication Courtesies


15. Dancing Like Nobody's Watching instead of Singing Like Nobody's Listening


16. A Mother Knows the Words her Child Cannot Say


17. Getting Your Message Across However You Can


18. Giving the Silent Treatment is a Bit Ambiguous


19. Communication Starts with Model Behaviour


20. Read Alouds Reshaped


21. When Communication is Cut Off So is Too Much Hair


22. Not Necessarily 'Speech' less


23. Finding Community, Finding Empowerment


24. It's No 'Right' to Remain Silent


25. There's No Need to Churn Over It *


* my favourites



Stay cool! And stay tuned for updates on our fun in the sun (maybe a video or two...definitely some pictures).









Photo: Pixabay

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - Stacey - I wish I could tell you it easier as they get older, BUT, the summer camps disappear (even when you ran one yourself), there is a lull time between being off to camps and activities and getting a summer job called 'hanging out at home and bugging my sibling while hoping friends are around' even with the pool, PSIII, parks and tennis courts on all sides and Netflix. I'm hearing ya, blogging sista. I'm not quite averaging weekly myself, and I teach half-time with more success. Glad to hear you're being kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ida Mae. Every summer is different, right? And it seems until you're into it you never know what's in store! One thing does stay the same though, the need to keep the kids busy. In doing so it often feels like we (the moms) are the busy ones running here, there and everywhere.

      Delete